Flamed Maple (Curly Maple, Ripple Maple, Fiddleback, Tiger Stripe Maple), Acer Saccharum
Flamed maple is a variety of sugar maple in which the growth of the wood fibers is distorted in an undulating chatoyant pattern producing wavy lines known as "flames." This effect is often mistakenly said to be part of the grain of the wood but is more accurately called "figure," as the distortion is perpendicular to the grain direction.
The Provincial stain is best described as a light brown to amber color and pops the wood grain showing the fantastic figure in this wood. Other stain options are available by request.
The ClimaStand is a patented humidity controlled guitar case that provides protection for your instrument, displays it beautifully, and keeps it accessible to play. Each of our handcrafted models maintain a perfect environment for your guitar to ensure a lifetime of tone, vitality, and balanced sound.
All ClimaStands come standard with framing grade acrylic glass. Regular glass and UV filtering options are available for additional charge and options can be found on the Customizing Options tab.
All Floor Models feature a stable, hardwood base that positions the instrument at a comfortable viewing angle. The horizontal and vertical supports of the base provide a solid platform with a small footprint.
Designed around a parlor sized guitar, these models are sized to allow for proper centering of all smaller bodied guitars. Dimensionally these cases are identical to our core ClimaStand except we shaved 5" off the bottom. Although that might not sound like a whole lot, these cases are definitely minature versions of our standard ClimaStands. NOTE: If your are looking for different sizes of ClimaStands for a variety of instruments (mandolins, violins, bass guitars, etc.), please visit our custom shop page.
Approximate dimensions (including base): 45”h x 22”w x 21”d
- Most species are adequately stocked so we can ship your order within 10-12 business days
- If additional wait time will be incurred, we will notify you and give our best estimate on delivery time
- Flat Rate $90 within the lower 48
- International shipments incur additional costs and the recipient is responsible for all duties, taxes, and fees upon shipment
- Unsurpassed Quality
- Handmade in the USA in small batches, one at a time by Amish craftsmen
- Satin smooth, catalyzed lacquer finish provides protection for wood surfaces and accentuates the beauty of the wood grain
- Airtight Environment
- Spring loaded latches pull the door toward the body of the case and compress a highly durable, automotive grade gasket
- Latch/gasket tandem system ensures a sealed interior minimizing air exchange to only when the door is open
- Equilibrium will be achieved to ideal levels within minutes not hours with D'Addario Two-Way Humidification System
- Starter Kit of D'Addario Two-Way Humidification System
- Automatically maintains 40-50% relative humidity by absorbing or emitting moisture
- Eliminates all guess work
- No water, no drops, no mess
- String Swing Guitar Cradle
- Most trusted brand in the industry
- Adjustable yoke to accommodate varying headstock widths
- All materials have been proven safe for all finishes
- Battery powered LED lighting
- 6 energy efficient LED's with wide coverage
- Tap on/tap off
- Bumper Pad
- 3" x 1/2" bumper pad creates a cushion between the back of your guitar and the case
- Storage Compartment
- Measures 13"L x 2"W x 4"H
- Stores extra strings, capos, tuners, small notepads, etc.
- Top latch has the ability to accept small padlock.
- See "Customizing Options" tab for additional security options
- Acrylic/Glass Options
- Our cases come equipped with high quality framing grade acrylic, but several other glass/acrylic options are available. Click here to explore glass/acrylic options.
- Keyed cam lock available
- More robust protection defers theft
- $100 additional charge. Click here for more details and to add to your cart
- Inlay Options
- We've partnered with Aulson Inlay (www.aulsoninlay.com) to create exquisite offerings for our customers. Please send us a message via our Contact Us page and we can walk you through the process.
- Exotic Wood Types
- We have made cases from woods harvested from all over the globe and source them from sustainable operations. We will never make a case from illegally harvested woods. If you have an exotic wood type in mind, please send us a message via our Contact Us page and we can discuss your options.