Cocobolo, Dalbergia retusa
Cocobolo is a stunning Central/South American hardwood. It is a member of the much reveered Rosewood family. This wood shows incredible colors ranging from vibrant oranges, reds, and purples which oxidize with time to rich dark colors. Extremely interesting grain patterns present themselves in in a variety of swirls, straight lines, and traces weaving through the wood. Cocobolo is often used in high end guitars and is prized for it durability, density, and strength.
Our pedal boards are handmade by our Amish builder and feature some of the finest hardwoods in the world. Most of the pedal boards are constructed from the lumber left over from production of our patented ClimaStands. Sustainability at it's finest - recycle and reuse!
We can make pedal boards from any wood species you desire, so if it's not listed in the dropdown menu on the Hardwood Pedal Boards product in this collection below, please contact us and we can include in our next production run.
- Lead time for pedal boards in stock is 10-15 business days
- Lead time for pedal boards not in stock is 4-6 weeks
- Inventory is subject to change and we will send you fulfillment information following order placement
- Exterior Measurements: 12" wide × 22" long deck, 1 5/8" height in front, 2 3/4" height in back
- Interior Measurements (for mounting power supply): 2" underside height in back
- Two routed channels on top deck allow for power supply to be mounted underneath and individual power cords to be run to pedals providing a clean, easy cable management system. It is recommended that a power supply of 1 3/4" height or less is utilized to allow for underside mounting. Power supplies similar in size to a Pedal Power 2 Plus or Dunlop Brick will work perfectly for underside mounting. If you have a power supply that is larger, we could mount rubber feet to all four corners to allow for additional lift.
- Extremely durable construction -
- Top deck is supported by precisely cut grooves into the side, back, and front rails
- Each groove has small rubber spacers which allows for the normal expansion and contraction that all wood experiences due to changes in temperatures and humidity. Without this feature, wood can crack or warp since it can’t “breathe”
- All rails feature wood glue and screw reinforced rabbeted joints. In combining both beauty and strength we were the first pedalboard builder to use screw reinforced rabbet joints assuring maximum strength
- All screw holes are filled with matching hardwood plugs
- Side rails feature a cutaway portion in the center to create "feet" in each corner which increase the stability
- Several coats of highly durable catalyzed semi-gloss lacquer finish ensure long lasting protection
- Rubber feet are included upon request