100% Cotton T-Shirt, Pre-Shrunk, 6.1 oz., seamless double-needle 7/8" collar, double-needle sleeves and hem, tapered...
Guaranteed to fit your melon! We searched high and low for the perfect hat to...
Heartwood tends to be a reddish or violet-brown and the sapwood is a pale yellow color that can be appear throughout the heartwood as streaks and stripes. It is typically straight grained, usually with knots present and a very fine, even texture.
Aromatic Red Cedar has a distinct and tell-tale scent and it's commonly used in chests and closets. We have purposely left the interior of this case unfinished to give off the wonderful aroma of this wood while finishing the outside to protect it from the elements.
The ClimaCase is a climate controlled, wall model humidor designed to be the world's simplest and most stylish method to preserve and display a variety of stringed instruments. With a hands free, automatic climate control system and unrivaled handmade quality only found in Amish shops, the ClimaCase will quickly become a key tool in your instrument care regimen and the centerpiece of any room.
Musicians know that proper care is required to keep your instrument in optimal playing condition and preserve its value. As an added benefit, having the instrument nearby and easily accessible means more time playing and less time worrying about exposures to damaging humidity/temperature fluctuations. Fine instruments are exquisite pieces of functional art that deserve to be on display. With a ClimaCase you can bring your instruments front and center while ensuring they are properly cared for to guarantee a lifetime of true tone, vitality, and balanced sound.
We offer two distinct styles of the ClimaCase, a rectangle or triangle shaped, and a variety of sizes for different instruments. In addition to these options, a wide array of sustainably harvested hardwoods, that originate both domestically and across the world, provide a multitude of different color schemes, textures, and patterns that are sure to complement a variety of interiors.
• Built in small batches, one at a time by Amish craftsmen in western Wisconsin
• Satin smooth, catalyzed lacquer finish provides protection for wood surfaces and accentuates the beauty of the wood grain
• Gasket/latch system is light tested prior to shipment. If no light can escape, no air can either
• Creates micro-climate which reaches proper humidity levels in minutes not hours
• Automatically maintains 40-50% relative humidity by absorbing or emitting moisture
• Eliminates all guess work
• No water, no drips, no mess
• Holders fit nicely into lower corners of ClimaCase or can be mounted magnetically elsewhere
• Cedar packet holders release pleasant aroma into interior & brushed aluminum provides contemporary look
• Adjustable yoke to accommodate varying headstock widths
• All materials have been proven safe for common finishes, such as nitrocellulose and other lacquers
• Energy Efficient COB LED Light runs on (3) AAA batteries
• Push on/off; optional remote control available
• 200 Max Lumens, dimmable to 100 Lumens by pushing button
• Low profile, elegant appearance
• Mounts magnetically to top of ClimaCase
• Dimensions: 6.25" L x 1.25" W x 1.5" H
NOTE: LED Powered Light Strip is available as an upgrade and available here.
• Top latch has the ability to accept small padlock. NOTE: Additional security is available on the Options tab
• 3" L x 1" W x 1/2" H finish safe cork bumper pad creates a cushion between the back of your guitar and the ClimaCase
• Nearly every instrument will fit within the ClimaCase or we can build one especially around the specifications of your instrument. More information can be found on the Specifications tab regarding instruments and sizing
• Add a base unit and turn your ClimaCase into a ClimaStand by visiting this product listing and placing an order. You can visit our Downloads page to get instructions on how to properly mount to your wall
All Acoustic Remedy products are handmade in the USA in small batches. One Amish shop nestled high on the bluffs above the Mississippi River in western Wisconsin manufactures every product for Acoustic Remedy. Their woodworking skills are world renowned and passed down through generations of cabinet makers to ensure unsurpassed quality. Our builder learned from his father who learned from his father and the torch is being passed once again from our builder to his son.
Things are done the old fashioned way, which may take a bit longer, but is critical to the highest of standards we set for ourselves and what our customers have come to expect. You will never find an Acoustic Remedy branded product that is mass produced on assembly lines or components cut using computers.
By incorporating extremely strong joinery and dado insets, your ClimaCase will be built with durability and longevity in mind. Each is meticulously hand sanded and inspected prior to finishing with a catalyzed lacquer, which provides lasting protection for wood surfaces and accentuates the natural beauty of the wood grain.
Your ClimaCase will provide a lifetime of use and then some, capable of being passed down through generations along with the properly cared for instrument housed within as well.
Patent # 8,955,673 with the USPTO, issued on February 17, 2015, can be found at the following link. Please be aware this patent was issued for our ClimaStand | Floor Model Humidor, which has changed aesthetically quite substantially since the patent drawings were submitted; however, the basic components remain the same and are incorporated into each ClimaCase.
The essence of the patent revolves around sealing the interior of a guitar display cabinet by utilizing a gasket/latch system. If you're in the market for an instrument display case that properly controls the humidity and temperature, why would you ever choose something that wasn't airtight? Learn more about Acoustic Remedy's innovative approach below.
All climate controlled products from Acoustic Remedy incorporate our patented Guaranteed Seal System™. This system consists of two key components to create a micro-climate for your instrument:
1.) A durable neoprene gasket mounted to a matching strip of wood along the entire interior perimeter sits proud of the top, sides, and bottom by about 1/2"
2.) Spring loaded latches pull the door tight to the gasket and compress it creating an airtight environment
With the Guaranteed Seal System™ creating the micro-climate, a climate control system becomes greatly simplified. We utilize the Boveda family of products that are capable of maintaining a relative humidity level of approximately 45-50%, which is the recommended level for nearly every stringed instrument, by absorbing or emitting moisture as needed.
Your ClimaCase comes with following humidification components:
• A starter kit of four Boveda 49% packets providing up to six months of automatic humidity control
• Two cedar or brushed aluminum Boveda Two Packet Holders providing an elegant way to keep the packets concealed
There is virtually no day-to-day maintenance required with the Boveda packets because they are considered a passive humidity control system. We recommend that the packets are checked approximately once per week to determine if they have expelled all their available moisture. If they are stiff they need to be replaced, which is accomplished by discarding the old packets and placing new inside the packet holders. More information regarding the Boveda packets can be found here.
Because humidity is relative to temperature, hence the term "Relative Humidity", the climate control system is incomplete without incorporating temperature control. All ClimaCases are built from robust 3/4" thick hardwoods and finished with a triple coat of catalyzed lacquer. Combine these build features along with the hermetically sealed environment and you have built in temperature control.
We recommend keeping your ClimaCase indoors in a conditioned space, away from heating or cooling vents and direct sunlight if possible. If the room experiences direct sunlight, we recommend upgrading the glass to UV Blocking/Safety Glass found on the Options tab. As a general rule of thumb, any nearby thermal source will eventually transfer heat/cold into the ClimaCase and under most circumstances the interior temperature of the ClimaCase will match the temperature of the room it's located in.
Care to minimize extreme temperature fluctuations is very important because wood expands and contracts rapidly with temperature fluctuations. Keeping temperatures within the room the ClimaCase is mounted in within a 20 degree range should be adequate to avoid any issues.
Learn more about the relationship between humidity and temperature at the following link.
We include the world's premier digital hygrometer and temperature sensor with every ClimaCase. The Caliber IV by Western Humidor is an advanced humidity sensor that maintains accuracy to +/- 1% and additionally provides temperature levels, 3-day averages of both humidity and temperature, and can be calibrated frequently. The hygrometer is pre-calibrated prior to installation and can be re-calibrated if needed by purchasing a calibration kit here.
The Caliber IV is securely mounted on a pre-installed magnet so it's viewable by looking through the glass to the bottom of the ClimaCase. This allows you to determine interior humidity and temperature levels within a matter of seconds.
In addition to the included digital hygrometer, Acoustic Remedy offers a variety of bluetooth monitoring devices. The Boveda Butler and D'Addario Humiditrak will push notifications to your mobile devices when the humidity and/or temperature is below desired set points determined by the user. These products are available to view and purchase here.
• Triangle: 45 3/4” H x 7 1/2" Top and 22 5/8” Bottom W x 7 7/8" D (Including Door)
NOTE: Subtract 1 1/2" for all interior dimensions
• All ClimaCases are designed around a dreadnought guitar, which is one of the most popular guitars in the world
• Similar size guitars, both electric and acoustic, will fit perfectly
• Two String Swing locations, spaced 1 1/2" apart, allow for centering of slightly smaller bodied guitars or accommodating larger headstocks
• If the lower bout of your instrument is 17" or larger (such as with Gibson SJ 200 or similar) OR you have an archtop electric guitar, you must choose one of the Jumbo options from the drop down lists in the product listings. Please note that we don't typically stock these sizes, so there are two options for having one built:
1.) Wait until the next production run of ClimaStands, which is typically be within 4-6 weeks of order placement to production completion, by selecting "Jumbo - With Next Batch". OR
2.) Have it made out of cycle, which is typically within 2-4 weeks of order placement to production completion, by selecting "Jumbo - Out of Cycle"
• Extra small bodied guitars, such as parlor guitars or mini/baby guitars, may be better suited for a custom sized ClimaCase. Options for these sizes can be found at our Custom Shop by clicking here.
• Bass guitars fit comfortably in Jumbo sized ClimaCases and have a separate collection found in the drop down menu for ClimaCases in the website navigation menu
• Ukuleles, violins, and mandolins also have their own dedicated collections found in the drop down menu for ClimaCases in the website navigation menu
• All ClimaCases are constructed with durable 3/4" thick hardwood
• Certain species, such as cherry and walnut, will incorporate "A" grade plywood the back. This is common in high end cabinetry and does not effect aesthetic qualities or function. The back is dado inset into the side pieces so no plywood edges are showing and integrates a necessary 1/16' - 1/8" gap between back and sides to allow for natural expansion/contraction of the wood
• All edges have a 1/8" round over for comfort/safety factors and aesthetic properties
• All surfaces are hand sanded and the dust is meticulously removed prior to finishing to allow for a satin smooth finish
• Three mounting points through the back of the robust 3/4" back allow for extremely secure mounting to the wall
• One mounting point is located below the two String Swing locations at the top and the other two mounting locations are spaced 16 inches apart near the bottom of the ClimaCase
• Once installed on the wall, a matching wood plug fits snugly into the hole concealing the screw
• Extremely durable piano hinges run the length of the hinge side of the door. Concealed hinges are not available because they will impact the effectiveness of the gasket
• 304 stainless steel, polished finish draw latches on the top and bottom of the ClimaCase provide over 30 lbs of pull each. The top draw latch accepts a padlock giving you basic protection from theft and unwanted hands on your instrument
• We offer a coved finger pull routed into the door handle, giving the ClimaCase a sleek look with no handles, knobs, or pulls visible from the front. If you would like to include hardware, please see the Options tab
• Double strength, 1/8" thick glass is professionally installed with rubber glass retainer and a bead of clear silicone between the glass and the door frame
• UV filtering glass is available as an upgrade and information is provided on the Options tab
• Eco LED strip light, warm white spectrum (3000k)
• Dependable, industry-standard 3528 SMD LEDs
• Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 80+, which is considered excellent on the index scale and ensures vibrant, natural-looking color tones
• 268 Lumens/ft
• CE certified and UL listed
• Lifetime warranty
• Beam angle of 120 degrees which casts a spread out light across your guitar and the interior of the ClimaCase
• Estimated lifetime of 50,000+ hrs
• Dimmable from 10% - 100%
• Strip width measures 8mm
• To add the Powered LED Light Strip option, please click here to add to cart
4 1/2" H x 17” W x 7 7/8" D
• Mounts to the underside of the ClimaCase that is capable of storing extra sets of strings, picks, tuners, capos, straps, and books
• In addition, if you opt for the LED Power Light Strip and would like a clean look (i.e. no wires to plug in), the storage compartment is capable of housing small power supplies and the wiring/plug of the strip.
• To add the Storage Compartment option, please click here
• Cam locks can be professionally installed on the door frame to secure the ClimaCase door. These locks require a key in order for the door to be opened and provide enhanced theft deterrence.
• To add the keyed cam lock option, please click here.
• Professionally installed 1/8" laminated, UV Blocking/Safety Glass eliminates 99.5% of UV rays from impacting the finish on your instruments.
• The UV Blocking/Safety Glass we use is laminated and naturally doubles as safety glass because it's actually two pieces of normal glass with a un-noticeable thin layer of UV blocking material sandwiched in between. This lamination is identical to what is used in car windshields. The most commonly used interlayer is polyvinyl butyral (PVB).
• To add UV Blocking/Safety Glass to your ClimaCase, please click here.
• If you prefer to have acrylic instead of glass, we offer museum grade acrylic in both non-UV filtering and UV filtering options. This synthetic polymer does have a few advantages over glass, including being lighter and stronger.
• To add Non-UV Filtering/UV Filtering Acrylic, please click here.
• We have partnered with Aulson Inlay (www.aulsoninlay.com) who has created inlays for high end guitar manufacturers such as Paul Reed Smith and Taylor Guitars, to provide you an option for professional inlays on your ClimaCase. We typically recommend that the door is the location for the inlays; however, anywhere is fair game. We love the ability to create ideas from scratch or allow Aulson Inlay to work their magic and come up with designs of their own. Often times we come to some middle ground and give them a concept to run with.
• We've utilized Petros Guitars Purflex inlay, which involves our builder meticulously inlaying the strip like material, filling with epoxy, and sanding to a smooth finish. We invite you to visit Petros website and browse the vast amount of inlays they produce. Visit their website (www.petrosguitarshop.com) and click Catalog at the top of the page.
• Click here to see examples of inlay projects we've worked on for our customers.
• Replace the wood sides with glass to make the sides of your guitar viewable. Click here for more details.
• We offer a wide array of stains from Woodwright. Please click here to view stain types available for your ClimaCase
• If you'd like hardware as opposed to the coved finger pull, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss options
• We have most species in stock and typically ship within 10 business days from order placement
• If additional wait time will be incurred, we will notify you and give our best estimate on delivery time
• All custom orders require additional wait due to procuring lumber, complexity of working with certain species, and any custom options such as inlays
• Your ClimaCase will ship in one box. It measures 50" L x 26" W x 12" H and weigh approximately 40-75 lbs. depending on wood species
• We do not require signature for delivery unless requested by the customer. Please use caution if you live in an apartment complex or area where theft of packages is high risk. Once the item is delivered, we are not responsible for missing packages.
• We ship with major carriers (i.e. FedEx/UPS/DHL) and sometimes ship custom, one of a kind products via freight. You will receive tracking information following label creation
• Should damages occur, please contact us immediately and take photos of the outside, inside, and damages. We will work diligently and quickly to ship you an exact replacement at no cost to you
• We will file a claim and the shipping company may retrieve the damaged item for inspection. If you need to ship the item back to us, we will provide a pre-paid label to do so
• $115 flat rate for Acoustic/Electric ClimaCases
• $145 flat rate for Jumbo ClimaCases
• Freight - quoted per shipment
• Additional shipping rates may apply. We will quote you on additional shipping upon order placement
• We ship worldwide and have sent ClimaCases to Europe, Australia, the Philippines, Japan, and many times over to our friendly neighbor to the north - Canada
• We charge $.01 upon order placement and will immediately look into the best and most cost effective options.
• Typically Canadian rates are approximately $50-$75 more than the flat rate Lower 48. European customers can expect to pay approximately $350 USD. All prices are estimates only and subject to major carrier rates at time of order placement.