The Boveda 49% packets are the ideal solution for SIMPLE humidity control. Acoustic Remedy Cases and Boveda (formerly Humidipak) have a long relationship dating back nearly 10 years when we sold them six ClimaStands for their corporate headquarters outside Minneapolis, MN. They are an amazing small business offering creative solutions to the world and musicians should feel lucky their technology works so flawlessly to protect their instruments.
Why do we love these packets so much?
Because when combined with the airtight environment achieved with our patented gasket and latch system, the packets are the simplest and most reliable humidity control system on the market.
History of Boveda vs. D'Addario vs. Humidipak
Boveda has always been the manufacturer of all humidity control packets on the market regardless of what name they were sold under or who was the primary distributer of the packets. Boveda was previously called Humidipak, which was marketed and sold by D'Addario under their Planet Waves product line. After some time, Humidipak changed to D'Addario's 2-Way Humidification System. Boveda has recently began to offer their product direct to the consumer to compliment their full line of cigar and herbal medicine packets.
Recently we decided to start using the Boveda packets after many years of using the D'Addario 2-Way Humidification System. Again - the packets are identical - so the decision was simple especially considering some clear advantages to Boveda over D'Addario described below.
Types of Boveda Packets
The benefit of Boveda is that they not only offer the 49% packets, which are the ideal humidity level for stringed instruments, but they also offer a 49%HA for really humid climates and also 72% packets for really dry regions and to "season" our case and/or guitar. We offer the full range of packets at Acoustic Remedy Cases for purchase and also include a starter kit with each purchase of a ClimaStand. Find out more information on the 49%HA and 72% packets on those product pages.
- Boveda 70 gram 49% RH for wood instruments
- Packaged in a non-reusable plastic bag; however, keeping them in this bag until use will extend the shelf life to 2+ years
- Available in single, 5, 10, or 20 pack quantities. If different quantities are desired, add the single packs to your cart get to correct quantity
- Adds or removes moisture on its own (eliminates messy sponges, hoses, discs, etc.) and automatically maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) between 40-60%—the ideal climate for wood instruments
- Typically lasts between 2-6 months in a seasoned Acoustic Remedy ClimaStand, based on time of year and climate
- Each ClimaStand comes with a starter kit and leak-resistant Boveda pouch holders. Can also be used with the Boveda 1 Packet | Aluminum Holder, Boveda 2 Packet | Aluminum Holder, or Boveda 2 Packet | Cedar Holder.
- Boveda 49% Packet Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5"
- Availability: Ships within 2-3 business days